Humanities Teacher (History) & Learning Area Leader
Masters of Education - American College of Education
Bachelor of Science - Millersville University
Ms Melis is from Philadelphia, USA. After receiving her B.S.E. in Social Studies Education from Millersville University, she began her teaching career in sunny Florida, teaching A.P. Human Geography and World History. She has also obtained a M.Ed. in Advanced Studies in History and has over 10 years experience as a teacher and examiner of IBDP History.
Ms Melis believes one of the most rewarding aspects of teaching humanities is engaging teenagers with meaningful dialogue regarding global issues of the past and present. She strives to challenge and motivate her students to take action to improve the global community.
Ms Melis is happy to begin her twelfth year in Singapore. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, hiking and cycling with her husband and two daughters.
English National Curriculum
- Year 9: Individuals and Societies
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB-DP)
- Year 12: Extended Essay (EE), Geography, History, Psychology
- Year 13: Extended Essay (EE), Geography, History, Psychology
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB-MYP)
- Year 7: Individuals and Societies
- Year 8: Individuals and Societies - Year 9: Individuals and Societies
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Year 10: Geography, Global Perspectives, History
- Year 11: Geography, Global Perspectives, History